"One Health" Infectious Disease Resaerch Symposium 2016
The University of Otago’s The Infection Group and Health, Environment and Infection Research Unit (HEIRU), Massey University’s Infectious Disease Research Centre (IDReC), and The Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR) Ltd will be hosting a two-day symposium on infectious diseases in Wellington in March 2016.
The symposium will provide scientists and policy makers from a variety of disciplines with the opportunity to share information and ideas on current research in the field of infectious disease, in both humans and animals (a One Health approach considering humans, animals and the environment).
Dates: 22nd and 23rd March 2016
Venue: Nordmeyer Lecture Theatre, University of Otago, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences campus
Session topics will include (but are not limited to):
- Antimicrobial resistance in humans and other animals
- Responding to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases
- Infectious disease prevention policies and practices
- Genomic epidemiology and pathogen evolution
- The role of microbiomes and pathogens in both communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Open sessions which include proffered talks on new infectious disease research in New Zealand
Registration will be open soon, and will be a nominal $50NZ ($25NZ for students) for the 2 days